Legal and Regulatory Considerations of Physician Practices
Registration now available!
Administrators of physician practices must comply with a vast array of state and federal laws, and the potential liability due to non-compliance can include criminal sanctions. This course is a survey of the legal and regulatory issues affecting physician practice administrators. The class will include a detailed review of anti-kickback and self-referral law.
- forms of incorporation
- corporate documentation
- operational models
- the corporate practice of medicine
- securities requirements
- malpractice insurance
- managed care
- medical records confidentiality
- informed consent
- adverse incident reporting
- hospital operations
- biomedical waste
- Participants should have successfully completed at minimum an undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Participants must be able to commit significant time to completing assigned readings, case studies, and interactive sessions.
- As needed to complete, up to 6 months from enrollment
- This course is completed entirely online
- Self paced, with routine interactions with program director and instructor