Organizational Culture and Integration Dynamics
The overall goal for this course is to prepare health care professionals to participate intelligently in, and contribute to, best practices in the design and implementation of organizational structures and governance models for physician practices that are being integrated. To function effectively in an increasingly evolving healthcare delivery system, it is imperative that students understand the complex and matrix designed organizational structures and management systems.
As a result of the student's participation in the course, they will be better prepared to help their hospital partner in achieving their operating and financial goals. In addition, the student will be prepared to help the physicians they are supporting to interpret the operational and financial goals of their hospital partners.
- Understand how hospitals utilize their mission, vision and values statements to help them determine and reach their strategic objectives
- Become familiar with hospital organizational charts and reporting structures. Develop a sense for the importance of strong financial performance, organizational culture and nursing leadership.
- Develop a knowledge of the importance of strong managed care contracts, Medical Staff leadership and continuous quality improvement
- Recognize how hospitals want physicians to be intimately involved in communication, advocacy patient care quality, billing, coding and human resources
- Become prepared to work with hospitals to engage in planning activities to increase volumes, develop recruitment strategies, plan for managed care, purchase new technology and implement marketing strategies.
- Will learn the importance of execution of plans and ideas in a hospital. Will understand the need for strong communication skills, transparency and advocacy for both physicians and hospital partners
- Understand the basics of social intelligence and the complexity of interaction with a hospital partner. Learn how to develop a cycle of trust
- Participants should have successfully completed at minimum an undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Participants must be able to commit significant time to completing assigned readings, case studies, and interactive sessions.
- As needed to complete, up to 6 months from enrollment
- This course is completed entirely online
- Self paced, with routine interactions with program director and instructor