Welcome to Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ - Irrigation BMPs for Professionals. This course qualifies for one continuing education credit (CEU) for FDACS Urban Fertilizer (LF) category. It is completely self-paced, so you may leave the course if needed and return to where you left off.
This course consists of eight short videos, a short reading, two practice quizzes, and a course test. You must score at least 75% on the course test to earn your record of attendance. Information about receiving your record of attendance will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
The topics covered in this course are:
- Irrigation systems and the effects of irrigation on volatilization, leaching, runoff, excessive withdrawal and water quality issues
- Effects of over or under irrigation on plants and fertilizer needs
- Effects of irrigation water quality and reclaimed water issues
- Diagnosis of irrigation and fertilizer problems
- The importance of proper repair to maintain distribution uniformity to prevent spot leaching and runoff of fertilizers resulting in more fertilizer use and more pollution
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how Florida laws regarding irrigation systems affect landscape professionals.
- Describe the components of an irrigation system.
- Explain irrigation effects on fertilizing practices.
- Identify irrigation equipment maintenance needs.
- Identify irrigation BMPs to avoid nonpoint source pollution.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive CEUs for this course you must follow the link below and enter your license information.