Social marketing is a proven behavior-change strategy that applies traditional marketing principles to behavior change that benefits a community and its residents. This approach has been applied to natural resources preservation, energy use reduction, water conservation, and other environmental behaviors. This 8-12 hour, self-paced online certificate program was designed to provide an overview of this strategy as applied to Extension and outreach programming.
- Module #1 Creating Behavior Change through Educational Programming
- Module #2 Defining Social Marketing
- Module #3 Making Behaviors Attractive with Social Marketing
- Module #4 The Process of Change
- Module #5 Strategic and Research-based Program Planning
- Module #6 Research Options and Researching the Audience
- Module #7 The Social Marketing Toolbox
- Module #8 Piloting, Implementing, and Evaluating Behavior Change Programs
This section is for general access. If you are a current UF faculty member, staff, or student, please access the University of Florida section of the course here.
*The current registration fee is an introductory rate.*