Welcome to Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ - Recognition Program, 1-hour CEU course. This course is completely self-paced, so you may leave the course if needed and return to where you left off.
This course qualifies for one continuing education credit (CEU) for Landscape Architects, Community Association Managers, and FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is eligible for 1 continuing education credit for Landscape Architects and Community Association Managers
- Landscape Architecture “Optional” category.
- Community Association Manager “Operation of the Community Association’s Physical Property” category.
- FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional
This course consists of three short videos and a course test. You must score at least 75% on the course test to earn your certificate of completion. Information about how to view and print your certificate of completion will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
The topics covered throughout this course are:
- Water quality and quantity issues in Florida
- How landscapes affect water quality
- How to help reduce nonpoint source pollution caused by landscaping practices
- Main components of a Florida-Friendly Landscape Recognition Checklist and rational behind the recommendations
- Main components of a Florida-Friendly Landscape New Construction Checklist and rational behind the recommendations
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize that Florida’s water quality is important for our health, environment and economy.
- Recognize that there are FFL recognition programs available for existing home landscapes and new construction.
- Recognize that the FFL checklist requirements are practices to help reduce nonpoint source pollution caused by landscaping practices.
- Identify FFL appropriate landscape maintenance practices.
- Identify ways to incorporate FFL into landscape design plans and specifications.
Once you complete the course, please print your certificate: https://reg.distance.ufl.edu/reg/Certificates for your records.