This one-hour course was designed for people who want to learn more about how to design, install, and maintain healthy landscapes that use a minimum of water, fertilizer, and pesticides. This course qualifies for continuing education credit (CEU) for Landscape Architects and Community Association Managers.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is eligible for 1 continuing education credit for Landscape Architects and Community Association Managers
- Landscape Architecture “Optional” category.
- Community Association Manager “Operation of the Community Association’s Physical Property” category.
This course consists of three short videos, a short reading, a “What's Wrong with This Picture?” activity, and a course test. You must score at least 75% on the course test to earn your certificate of completion and continuing education credit. Information about how to view and print your certificate of completion will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
- Water quality and quantity issues in Florida
- How landscapes affect water quality
- Main components of a Florida-Friendly Landscape
- How maintenance plays a large role in Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
- Success stories of communities that have followed Florida-Friendly principles
- Ways that landscape architects can use Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ principles to improve landscape maintenance
- Guidelines for community architectural review boards
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the history and purpose of the Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program.
- Recognize the importance of following the Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program’s nine principles.
- Identify the nine Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program principles.
- Recognize the benefits to communities that have implemented Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program principles.
- Improve landscape maintenance by using Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ principles
Once you complete the course, please print your certificate: https://reg.distance.ufl.edu/reg/Certificates for your records.