This course qualifies for one continuing education credit (CEU) for Landscape Architects, Community Association Managers, and FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is eligible for 1 continuing education credit for
- Landscape Architecture “Optional” category
- Community Association Manager “Operation of the Community Association’s Physical Property” category
- FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional
If you want CEUs for more than one professional license, email Clairelewis@ufl.edu.
This course consists of three short videos, a short reading, a “What's Wrong with This Picture?” activity, and a course test. You must score at least 75% on the course test to earn your certificate of completion and continuing education credit. Information about how to view and print your certificate of completion will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
- Water quality and quantity issues in Florida
- How landscapes affect water quality
- Main components of a Florida-Friendly Landscape
- How maintenance plays a large role in Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
- Success stories of communities that have followed Florida-Friendly principles
- Ways that landscape architects can use Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ principles to improve landscape maintenance
- Guidelines for community architectural review boards
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the history and purpose of the Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program.
- Recognize the importance of following the Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program’s nine principles.
- Identify the nine Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program principles.
- Recognize the benefits to communities that have implemented Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program principles.
- Improve landscape maintenance by using Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ principles
Certificate of Completion
Once you complete the course, please print your certificate: https://reg.distance.ufl.edu/reg/Certificates for your records. Please allow 2 weeks for CEU credits to be submitted to the licensing agency indicated on the registration form.