This one-hour course was designed for people who want to learn how to create a successful Florida-Friendly Landscape and how convert a traditional Florida yard to a Florida-Friendly landscape.
This course qualifies for one continuing education credit (CEU) for Landscape Architects, Community Association Managers, and FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is eligible for 1 continuing education credit for
- Landscape Architecture “Optional” category
- Community Association Manager “Operation of the Community Association’s Physical Property” category
- FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional
If you want CEUs for more than one professional license, email Clairelewis@ufl.edu.
This course consists of three short videos and a course test. You must score at least 75% on the course test to earn your certificate of completion. Information about how to view and print your certificate of completion will be available after you've passed the course test and submitted the course survey.
The topics covered throughout this course are:
- Misconceptions about Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- The difference between a Florida-Friendly landscape and xeriscape.
- Design considerations that are important to the success of Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- The use of turf, hardscape, and plant materials in Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- Strategies for working with Home Owner associations to implement Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- Steps to convert a traditional Florida landscape to a Florida-Friendly landscape.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify landscape preferences for both traditional Florida landscapes and Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- Identify misconceptions about Florida-Friendly landscapes and learn the facts that negate the false impressions.
- Describe several design considerations that are important for the success of Florida-Friendly landscapes.
- Identify several strategies for working with Home Owner Association board members to gain approval for a Florida-Friendly yard.
- Describe the step-by-step process to convert a traditional Florida yard to a Florida-Friendly landscape.
Certificate of Completion
Once you complete the course, please print your certificate: https://reg.distance.ufl.edu/reg/Certificates for your records. Please allow 2 weeks for CEU credits to be submitted to the licensing agency indicated on the registration form.