Social marketing is a proven behavior-change strategy that applies traditional marketing principles to behavior change that benefits a community and its residents. This approach has been applied to natural resources preservation, energy use reduction, water conservation, and other environmental behaviors. This 8-12 hour, self-paced online certificate program was designed to provide an overview of this strategy as applied to Extension and outreach programming.
- Module #1 Creating Behavior Change through Educational Programming
- Module #2 Defining Social Marketing
- Module #3 Making Behaviors Attractive with Social Marketing
- Module #4 The Process of Change
- Module #5 Strategic and Research-based Program Planning
- Module #6 Research Options and Researching the Audience
- Module #7 The Social Marketing Toolbox
- Module #8 Piloting, Implementing, and Evaluating Behavior Change Programs
This section is for current UF faculty, staff, and students. If you are not currently affiliated with the University of Florida, please access the public section of this course.
This activity requires specific account affiliations. Please login here
to check if you can register.