The Passport to Great Teaching for New Faculty is a build your own certificate program. Participate in workshops, conferences, faculty learning communities, magna 20-minute mentors, students talkbacks, strategy show and tells, and much more.
- Participate in the First Year Faculty Teaching Academy (FYFTA).
- This is a face-to-face workshop series.
- Sessions are held each Friday October 19 - November 30th (not including November 2 and 23)
- From 12:00 to 1:30pm at 409 Yon Hall
- Participation earns the FYFTA badge and is required to earn the Great Teaching for New Faculty Certificate.
- Spring sessions will require a working microphone and camera
- If you do not have a working microphone and camera you can participate by coming to Yon Hall and we will set you up virtually
- Attend additional events and develop your own teaching strategies and resources to earn “travel miles.”
- Receive the certificate after participating in activities that total “1000 miles.”
- Track your progress through the Passport and the Flightboard webpage.
- Earn 400 miles in any workshop category to receive a category mastery badge!
- Earn a badge in 14 different categories.
Get started by self-registering here and then proceed to the Canvas course site for workshop details.
- The Great Teaching Certificate
- The Faculty Learning Community Certificate