The College of Dentistry's infectious disease team, with input from practicing dental professionals, designed this course to give you practical information on HIV/AIDS in an on-line, self-study format. The course includes reading material, graphical examples, and a post-test.
- Infection control procedures and productions
- Clinical management of dental patients with communicable disease
- Handling and disposal of contaminated materials
- Legal responsibilities and implications
- Clinical manifestations
- Modes of transmission
- Current research
- Bloodborne pathogen standard
- Exposure control plan
- Record keeping and training
- Labels and signs
Carol M. Stewart, D.D.S., M.S.
Associate Professor UF College of Dentistry Dept. of Oral Diagnosis Sciences
Continuing Education Units
2 contact hours. Online.
Participants have 180 days to complete the online course.
* Original release date: July 1, 2009. Reviewed March 30, 2012 and will expire February 29, 2014.